2015 Gibson Custom Shop Ace Frehley Les Paul Aged AF150
For your consideration, Garrett Park Guitars presents this 2015 Gibson Ace Frehley Aged.
In 2015 Gibson Custom Shop made an homage to iconic Kiss guitarist Ace Frehley. They produced as True Historic models which encompassed a number of features that were exactly as these guitars were made in 1959.
The guitar is in mint condition. It looks unplayed except for all the factory aging of course. This is a rare AGED Unsigned model. All the great 2015 True Historic specs. The guitar comes with the original brown Lifton-style case, COA, with paperwork.
We were particularly impressed by the choice mahogany as well as the stunning and accurate maple top.
Series Number: AF 150 150/300 made
Case: Original brown Lifton reissue Hard Shell Case
Condition: Near Mint to Excellent (very very light player wear)
Photos are of actual guitar and are not stock photos.
Please call, chat, or email for more information.
From Gibson's website:
A thin 'Dirty Lemon Frehley Burst' finish and accurate aging join vintage-spec plastics, hide glue construction, rolled fingerboard binding, and Custom Bucker and Burst Bucker #3 pickups in an incomparable Les Paul.
- Homage to Ace Frehley's original 1959 Les Paul:
- True Historic Plastics: Molecular-level analysis delivers authentic vintage design and materials
- True Historic Pickup Covers: Designed and engineered based on the originals
- Double-Carved Top: Authentic vintage dish profile
- Double-Carved Neck: Hand sanded for ideal playability and accurate profile
- "Broken" Peghead Edges, Smoother Edges: Vintage Looks and Feel
- Thinner Peghead Veneer: A testament to the obsession with detail
- Thinner True Historic Wet-Sanded Finish: More work, more authentic
- Hide Glue Top Construction: A real vintage-spec for authentic 'Burst tone
- Rolled Fingerboard Binding: For the playing feel Ace couldn't forget
|Wood Species:||Figured Maple|
|Binding:||Single Bound, True Historic Reissue Cream|
|Average Weight (body only):||3.175 kg / 7.0 lbs|
|Glue:||Hand Applied Hide Glue|
|Tonal, Resonant, and/or Technical Effect:||Hand selected backs for lightweight|
|Carve:||Original 1959 Les Paul|
|Truss Rod:||Historic Reissue-No Tubing|
|Profile:||1959 Les Paul|
|Thickness at Fret 1:||2.21 cm / .870"|
|Thickness at Fret 12:||2.44 cm / .960"|
|Average Weight:||.453592 kg / 1.25 lbs|
|Type:||1959 True Historic Thin Head Veneer|
|Peg Head Binding:||None|
|Headstock Angle:||17 Degrees|
|Tonal, Resonant, and/or Technical Effect:||Holly head veneer has been re-tooled, reproducing the original thinner specification of the late 1950's|
|Joint Angle:||4 Degrees|
|Joint Angle Tolerance:|
|Adhesive:||Hot Hide Glue|
|Gauges Used:||Pitch and Alignment Gauge|