Yamaha FS800 Natural Small Body Guitar Solid Top
For your consideration, Garrett Park Guitars presents this Yamaha FS800 Natural Small Body Guitar Solid Top.
The FS800 offers the standard features of the FG series but in a smaller size. It's similar in size to the smaller Breedloves we have in store and offers the clarity of sound one would expect to get from a spruce top guitar.
From the Yamaha website:
Yamaha's standard acoustic model, with simple and traditional looks and outstanding quality, at an affordable price. A solid-top guitar with authentic sound that is well balanced without sacrificing its robust strength, thanks to the newly developed scalloped bracing design. Can be confidently recommended to all beginner guitarists. The small and thin body is perfect not only for female/young players but for intermediate to upper level finger-picking style players.
- Small Body
- Solid Spruce Top
- Nato/Okume Back & Sides
- Newly Developed Scalloped Bracing
- Traditional looks and outstanding quality
Newly Developed Scalloped Bracing
A new FG has louder and stronger sound in the low- to mid-ranges, thanks to cutting-edge acoustic analysis technology developed by the Yamaha R&D Division. Yamaha’s engineers have achieved this sound by utilizing analysis and simulation to arrive at the best bracing design without depending on tradition or guesswork. This analysis led to the development of the new scalloped bracing pattern, a new and ideal acoustic structure that maintains the durability of the top board while bringing out the most sound the Yamaha FG has to offer.
50 Years of History
The history of Yamaha‘s FG series started in 1966 with the release of the FG180 and FG150. Over the 50 years since its introduction, we have developed and produced several generations of FG - all of which have made FG the ideal acoustic for contemporary players. In all, there have been over 200 FG models since 1966.
The Power of Choice
2 body shapes, including an all-new FS concert size; 5 grades featuring different tonewood options; a myriad of color options; acoustic or electric-acoustic models. Whatever the personality of your music, there’s an FG to match.
Made in Yamaha
Every aspect of an FG is crafted to make a better guitar. From painstakingly cured and dried woods to beautiful hand-sprayed finishes and detailed quality control checks each and every FG is made to be a lifelong partner.
- Body Shape: Concert (Small)
- Scale Length: 634mm (25”)
- Body Length: 497mm (19 9/16")
- Total Length: 1021mm (40 3/16")
- Body Width: 380mm (14 15/16")
- Body Depth: 90-110mm (3 9/16”- 4 5/16”)
- Nut Width: 43mm (1 11/16”)
- String Spacing: 10.0mm
- Top Material: Solid Spruce
- Back Material: Nato/Okume
- Side Material: Nato/Okume
- Neck Material: Nato
- Fingerboard Material: Walnut
- Fingerboard Radius: R400mm (15 3/4")
- Bridge Material: Walnut
- Nut Material: Urea
- Saddle Material: Urea
- Bridge Pins: Black ABS with White Dot
- Tuners: Die-cast Chrome(TM29T)
- Body Binding: Black
- Soundhole Inlay: Black + White
- Pickguard: Tortoise Pattern
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Neck Finish: Matte
- Electronics: None
- Controls: None
- Connections: None
- Strings: Yamaha FS50BT or D'Addario EXP11
- Accessories: Hex Wrench
- Case: None
* Measured from the center of one bridge pin to the center of the next bridge pin.
Please feel free to call, chat or email us for more information.