Vintage Sound Workbench Variac - Amp Maniac - Amp Preserver- Make us an offer!
For your consideration, Garrett Park Guitars presents this Vintage Sound Workbench Variac (Amp Maniac)
From the original manufacturer's website:
The Amp Maniac Story
If you have a vintage tube amplifier that you are using today, you are most likely running it between 10% and 15% OVER the line voltage that the amp was made to run on. Look at the power requirements for your vintage tube amp. Most likely it says 110 VAC or at most 115 VAC. Today’s power companies provide much more than that. Today the average house voltage runs somewhere between 120 and 125 VAC.
So What – you say. Why should I care? My amp runs just fine.
There are actually two reasons why you should care, and why you should use the Amp Preserver.
1. You will get the 'vintage tone' back that you are missing today with higher line voltage.
2. As a side benefit, your amp will run cooler, your tubes will last longer, and your amp will be much happier running at the voltage is was designed for.
Spect from the original manufacturer's website:
- Built like a tank (and we agree at Garrett Park - IT IS!)
- Point to point wiring with crimped and soldered connectors
- No circuit boards or perf boards
- Wired with 14 gauge silver-plated Teflon wire
- Font facing backlit display visible across the room
- Displays both voltage and current
In perfect working order. Will ship quick.
Photos are of the actual product and not stock photos.