2007 Mackenzie & Marr Opeongo
For your consideration, Garrett Park Guitars presents this 2007 Mackenzie & Marr Opeongo.
Serial Number: CC200711130
From Mackenzie & Marr's Site:
"It took us two years of experimentation and samples before we finally created a 00 size solid wood acoustic we could call an authentic MacKenzie & Marr guitar. Calling upon two highly respected luthiers, we started by re-engineering the bracing. Highly sculpted X bracing supports the top without restricting the "acoustic trampoline" of the quarter-sawn Sitka Spruce. The back and sides are solid Indonesian Mahogany, which suits the geometry of a small body guitar perfectly. By engineering the neck of Opeongo to transmit acoustic vibrations along its length, telegraphing them to the slotted headstock, we've expanded the resonating chamber beyond the physical confines of the body.
The overtones and sustain created by the play of space and materials belie the small body size. Hearing the true"wood" voice of Opeongo and experiencing the projection of that voice for the first time throws everyone off. Playing Opeongo is even more of a joy. Twelve frets to the body (most guitars including our other models have 14 frets clear of the body) mean less stretching and more comfortable fingering. Even barre chords become pleasurable to play (pleasurable, in this case, being highly subjective because who among us enjoys barre chords?). The 1 3/4 inch fretboard width at the nut encourages accurate fingerpicking."
- Neck Profile: C
- Frets To The Body: 12
- Scale Length: 650 mm (25.5 in)
- Fretboard Radius: 14 inches (30.48 cm)
- Neck width at nut: 44.5mm (1 3/4 in)
- E to E string spacing at nut: 38.5 mm (1.55 inches)
- Body Style: OO
- Width at Upper Bout: 245mm (9.5 in)
- E to E string spacing at saddle: 55 mm (2.15 inches)
- Width at Waist: 203.2 mm (8 in)
- Width at Lower Bout: 360mm (14 1/4 in)
- Body Depth: 970mm (4 in)
- Body Length: 475mm (18 7/8 in)
- Body finish: Open pore
- Neck finish: Hand buffed satin lacquer
- Fretboard and Bridge: Pao Ferro (Bolivian Rosewood)
- Neck: Indonesian Mahogany
- Tuning Machines: Open gearing high ratio (18:1) Grover tuning machines
- Body Back and Sides: Solid Indonesian Mahogany - Open pore finish
- Body Top Wood: AAA grade solid Sitka Spruce
- Nut & Saddle: Bone
All photos are of the guitar itself and are not stock photos.
Please call, chat, or email for more information.