Louis Electric KR-12 1x12 Combo
For your consideration, Garrett Park Guitars presents this Louis Electric KR-12 1x12 combo.
The KR12 is an EL34-based, single 12″ combo. It is the result of Louis Rosano’s longstanding work with Hubert Sumlin and Keith Richards. The KR12’s four inputs offer different levels of gain from crisp, crunchy throatiness to a hefty vintage rock bark.
Based on the Louis Electric M12 used by Sumlin, the KR12 has several gain options and unmatched headroom but preserves the warmth of a 1950’s and 1960’s vintage-style amp. The KR12 has Volume and Master Volume controls, middle, treble, bass plus Presence. In addition, on all new KR12 models, the damping knob which adjusts the level of negative feedback will be placed on the top control panel. This is an excellent feature to have because most amplifiers only offer a fixed resistor in the feedback circuit which limits tone shaping.
The new KR12 offers a single-ended switch which provides the player to switch channels on the fly.
- Classification: AB1, fixed bias
- Power output: 40 watts
- Speaker: Celestion Classic Lead 80
- Speaker load: 8 ohms
- Controls: Volume, Master Volume, Treble, Bass, Middle, Presence, Single Ended Switch.
- Four Gain Inputs
- Damping Control to alter feedback circuit
- Pre Amp Tubes: 3-12AX7
- Output Tubes: 2-EL34
- Rectifier: 1-5AR4
- Height: 17 1/2″, Width: 23 1/2″, Depth: 8 3/4″
- Weight: 48 lbs.
- Eyelet Terminal board construction
- Hand-selected caps and resistors
- Custom designed hand built transformers
- Belton tube sockets
- Switchcraft and Carling input jacks and switches
- High-quality machine grade fasteners
- Moisture free circuit board
Serial Number: KR1291611
All photos are of the amplifier itself and are not stock photos.
Please call, chat, or email for more information.