Epiphone The John Lennon Limited Edition 1965 Casino
For your consideration, Garrett Park Guitars presents this Epiphone The John Lennon Limited Edition 1965 Casino
From the Epiphone website:
In November 1997, a team of engineers from Epiphone and Gibson visited "The Dakota" in Manhattan to examine John's Epiphone Casino. During the examination, measurements were carefully performed, body tracings were done, drawings were created, and photographs were taken. As a result of these efforts and in cooperation with Yoko Ono, Epiphone proudly reissues two Limited Edition John Lennon Casinos.
The "John Lennon 1965 Casino" is a reproduction of the guitar as John originally purchased it with the vintage sunburst finish and stock hardware. The "John Lennon Revolution Casino is a reproduction of the "stripped" Casino featuring one dull coat of lacquer, Gold Grover tuning pegs and with the pickguard removed.
Each guitar is hand-numbered and a combined total of only 1,965 John Lennon Epiphone Casino's will be produced. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of each instrument will be donated to "The BMI Foundation, Inc. for the John Lennon Scholarship Fund" which supports music education.
The John Lennon Signature "1965" Casino Features...
* Vintage Sunburst Color with nitro-cellulose lacquer finish over white body binding - hand buffed
* Original Body Shape - Based upon Mid - '60's Kalamazoo, Michigan tooling specs
* Body Materials - 5-layer (Maple/Birch/Maple/Birch/Maple)
* Top Contour Bracing - Spruce with original relief-cut spacing and depth
* One-Neck Mahogany Neck with 14 degree neck grain orientation
* Rosewood Fingerboard with original 0.062" thick pearloid parallelogram fret markers
* Stamped with John's original serial number on the back of the headstock (#328393)
* Original Elliptical Neck Shape
* Neck Binding over fret ends
* 3-ply (W/B/W) pickguard with original shape and foil "E" mark
* Scale Length - 24.75"
* Original "Corian" nut material
* Headstock Angle - 17 degrees
* Nickel-plated, Dog-Earred P-90 Pickup Cover with Original String Spacing
* Nickel plated "Gibson-Factory" Hardware
* Nickel plated Gotoh "Kluson-style" machine heads
* "Gibson-Factory" Electronics
* Dove-Tail Neck-Joint at the 16th fret
* Switchcraft toggle switch with original toggle switch washer
* Original style "Push-in" machine head bushings
* ABR Bridge with nylon saddles
* Vintage style case with shroud