Boss MT-2W Waza Craft Metal Zone Pedal
For your consideration, Garrett Park Guitars presents this Boss MT-2W Waza Craft Metal Zone Pedal.
For over 25 years, the MT-2 Metal Zone has been one of the most popular and influential compact pedals in the BOSS lineup, with overall sales that are second only to the venerable DS-1 Distortion. Made in Japan and infused with Waza Craft mojo, the MT-2W takes the iconic stomp to new levels of tonal range and versatility. Standard mode delivers an evolved version of the original mid-focused Metal Zone tone, while Custom mode introduces a fresh, wide-ranging voice that’s perfectly suited for today’s diverse high-gain styles.
Standard Mode: Enhanced Metal Zone
Supported by the discrete components in the MT-2W’s dual-stage gain circuit, Standard mode takes the Metal Zone’s famous mid-driven sound to the next level. The attack is even more responsive, and the definition and clarity has been enhanced as well. Noise has been reduced too, providing improved performance at ultra-high gain settings.
Custom Mode: Wide and Tight
Engaging the MT-2W’s Custom mode voices the pedal for a huge, wide-ranging sound, making it ideal for nearly any current heavy style. The tone is natural and open, with increased dynamics and rounder lower mids than Standard mode. Even at the highest gain settings, the low end remains full yet tight, focused, and well-defined, perfect for chugging out low-tuned riffs. The sound also cleans up very nicely when reducing your guitar’s volume, putting an extremely balanced range of tones under your fingers.
- Premium Waza Craft pedal with all-analog audio circuitry
- Innovative dual-stage gain circuit built with discrete analog components
- Standard mode updates the famous MT-2 Metal Zone sound with improved clarity and lower noise
- Custom mode delivers full-throttle gain tones with wider range, increased dynamics, and tighter low end
- Powerful three-band EQ provides intense sound customization with High, Low, and sweepable Midrange and up to 15 dB boost/cut on each band
- Premium buffer for clean and clear tone when bypassed
- Made in Japan
- BOSS five-year warranty
Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
Input Impedance: 1 M ohm
Nominal Output Level:0 -20 dBu
Output Impedance: 1 k ohm
Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
Bypass: Buffered bypass
- Pedal switch
- Mode switch
- DIST knob
- EQUALIZER MIDDLE/MID FREQ knob
- EQUALIZER HIGH/LOW knob
- LEVEL knob
- Indicator: CHECK indicator (Used for indication of check battery)
- INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- OUTPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- DC IN jack
- Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61) or Carbon-zinc battery (9 V, 6F22)
- AC adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)
Current Draw: 35 mA
Expected battery life under continuous use:
- Alkaline: Approx. 18 hours
- Carbon: Approx. 7 hours
- *These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Owner's manual
- Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTES," and "Information")
- Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61)
Option (sold separately): AC adaptor: PSA series
SIZE AND WEIGHT
- Width: 73 mm(2-7/8 inches)
- Depth: 129 mm (5-1/8 inches)
- Height: 59 mm (2-3/8 inches)
- Weight (including battery): 440 g (1 lb)
* 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
*The specifications are subject to change without notice.
For more information please call, chat, or email.