Fender Kurt Cobain Jag-Stang® - Fiesta Red
For your consideration, Garrett Park Guitars presents this Fender Kurt Cobain Jag-Stang® - Fiesta Red.
Few artists in music history can be credited with changing the industry nearly overnight and continuing to influence music culture three decades after the height of their popularity. Kurt Cobain and his bandmates in Nirvana appeared on the scene in the early ‘90s as generational talents who combined raucous, heavy tones, punk-infused energy and melodic hooks to create a sound that quickly attracted millions of fans and established grunge and alternative rock as a genre with legitimate mainstream appeal.
Although Kurt was seen playing a variety of Fender guitars over the years, his Fender Jaguar® and Mustang® remain the most iconic due to their use on the “Nevermind” tour and “Smells Like Teen Spirit” music video. Kurt designed the Jag-Stang® to combine his favorite elements of both instruments and brought it to life with help from the Fender Custom Shop in 1993.
Commemorating the 30th anniversary of Nirvana’s seminal record “Nevermind,” this Jag-Stang comes equipped with the same features that made it Kurt’s ideal instrument. The alder body delivers a punchy tone perfect for big power chords, the 24” short-scale reduces string tension for easier playing, and the 7.25” radius rosewood fingerboard with maple neck has a comfortable feel that won’t fatigue your hands when chording. The vintage-style single-coil and custom humbucking pickups are perfect for recreating Kurt’s classic tones, while the Mustang slider switches provide the flexibility to dial in four distinct settings for a variety of in or out-of-phase tones.
- Alder body
- Maple neck with 7.25” radius rosewood fingerboard
- 24” scale length
- Vintage-style single-coil and custom humbucking pickups
- On-off/in-phase/out-of-phase slider switches for each pickup
A resonant wood known for balanced and lively tone that delivers a fat, punchy sound.
MAPLE NECK WITH 7.25” RADIUS ROSEWOOD FINGERBOARD
Traditional Fender neck woods that deliver clarity and warmth with a vintage-style radius that is extra comfortable for chording.
24” SCALE LENGTH
Shorter than Fender’s standard 25.5” scale length, the decreased string tension and shorter distance between frets makes playing easier.
VINTAGE-STYLE SINGLE-COIL PICKUP AND CUSTOM HUMBUCKING BRIDGE PICKUP
Classic single-coil tone and fat-sounding custom “tilted” humbucking pickups allow players to recreate the clean and dirty tones used by Kurt on Nirvana records.
ON-OFF/IN-PHASE/OUT-OF-PHASE SLIDER SWITCHES
With a switch for each pickup, players are able to dial in up to four distinct combinations to find the perfect sound whether recording or performing live.
MUSTANG FLOATING BRIDGE WITH DYNAMIC TAILPIECE
An easy-to-use classic bridge and tailpiece set that sounds great and stays in tune.
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Neck Construction: 4-Bolt Standard
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Slim "C"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.575" (40mm)
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Dot
- Side Dots: White
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Shape: Jag-Stang
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Mustang Tremolo
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass®
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Aged White Pearloid
- Pickup Covers: White
- Strap Buttons: Vintage-Style
- Strings: Fender® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges), PN 0730250406
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Bridge Pickup: Jag-Stang Humbucking
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Neck Pickup: Jag-Stang Single-Coil
- Pickup Configuration: HS
- Switching: 2 3-Position Pickup On/Off-In/Out Phase Slide Switches
- Fret Size: Vintage
- Scale Length: 24" (610 mm)
For more information please call, chat, or email.