Yamaha RS420 - Black Steel
For your consideration, Garrett Park Guitars presents this Yamaha RS420 in Black Steel.
Balance is a simple concept that is often difficult to achieve, but the RS420 combines outstanding performance with a character all its own to hit that elusive sweet spot for a guitar that walks it like it talks it.
Designed from the ground up, Revstar features specially wound YGD pickups that are perfectly matched to each guitar. More than 50 prototype pickups were tested featuring different combinations of wire, windings, magnets, and base plates. Eventually, a spec was settled on for each guitar model and the Revstar pickup series was born. This model features VH3 pickups with Alnico V magnets and German silver baseplate for a powerful, open tone.
Designed especially for Revstar, Yamaha's proprietary Dry Switch gives you the versatility of a coil-split, but with a tone that's miles ahead. Using a passive filter circuit painstakingly designed to give the perfect frequency response, the Dry Switch filters out low frequencies to give the punch and clarity of a single-coil pickup minus the inevitable hum and hollow tone often associated with split humbucking pickups. And because it's a filter circuit, the Dry Switch works on both humbuckers and P90s for a totally unique, usable tone.
Inspired by the stripped-down custom Café Racer motorbikes popularized on the streets of London in the 1960s, Revstar's hardware captures the high-performance, individual character of those bikes with a wide range of totally unique, customized hardware.
Inspired by raw power and performance, Revstar's sound is as unique and bold as it's aesthetic. Working to evoke a visceral, unbridled power and an individual, organic tone that is made possible only by considering every detail, Yamaha's engineers chose materials carefully and designed custom pickups to make sure Revstar sounds as stunning as it looks.
- Set-Neck Construction
- Nato Body, Maple Top
- Nato Neck
- Humbucking Pickups/Alnico V3
- Push-Pull "Dry Switch"
- Slim Neck Profile
- Construction - Set-In
- Scale Length - 24-3/4” (628.6 mm)
- Body Materials - Maple/Nato or Mahogany
- Body Finish - Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Materials - Nato or Mahogany
- Neck Finish - Gloss Polyurethane
- Fingerboard Materials - Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius - 13-3/4” (350 mm)
- Fret Wire - Medium
- Number of Frets - 22
- Nut Materials - Urea
- Neck Width @ 0 Fret / 12th Fret - 43/52.5 mm
- Thickness @1st Fret / 12th Fret - 20/22.6 mm
- Neck Pickup - VH3n: Humbucker/Alnico V
- Bridge Pickup - VH3b: Humbucker/Alnico V
- Controls - Master Volume, Master Tone (Push-Pull "Dry Switch")
- Pickup Switch - 3-Position Lever Switch
- Bridge - Tune-O-Matic
- String Spacing - 10.5 mm
- Tailpiece - Stop Tailpiece
- Tuning Machines - Die-Cast
- Pickguard - 3 Ply Black
- String Gauge - Elixir Electric Nickel-Plated Steel with Nanoweb Coating/0.010-0.046
- Case - None