1955 Gibson Les Paul
This product is currently sold out.
For your consideration, Garrett Park Guitars presents this 1955 Gibson Les Paul.
This beautiful TV Les Paul was recently professionally refinished and is in excellent condition. the TV Yellow color is a special feature only used in the early 50s, which is as iconic as the guitar's tone.
Serial Number: 511912
- Body Details: Mahogany solid body. There are filled holes in the top of the body, under the refin, from a vibrato system that has been removed. There are two more filled holes, one on the bass side upper bout and one on the treble side horn. There is a small rectangle of mahogany that has been grafted onto the top under the treble side bridge stud, also under the refin.
- Neck Material: Mahogany Neck
- Fingerboard Material: Brazilian Rosewood
- Neck Profile: medium "C"
- Neck Thickness (in): 1st- .85" 12th- .97"
- Fingerboard Radius: 12.00
- Nut Width: 1-9/16 in
- Neck Details: One piece mahogany neck with unbound Brazilian rosewood board. The guitar has a 1-9/16" nut width, suggesting it was a special order from Gibson. The neck has been refretted and fully refinished along with the body. A small rectangle of original finish w/serial number was preserved on the back of the headstock. When the neck was refinished, the side marker dots were replaced. The 3rd, 5th, and 21st fret inlays have also been replaced. There is a small rosewood graft added to the headstock end of the fingerboard, suggesting that a locking nut was installed at some point. The Gibson logo on the headstock appears to be original, but the "Les Paul Model" decal is not.
- Electronics: The p90 pickups appear original. The pickup leads have been replaced. Part of the bobbin for the bridge pickup has cracked off. The wiring harness has original 1955 coded pots. The capacitors have been replaced with reproduction bumblebees.
Pickup Measurements: neck 7.8k ohms bridge 7.6k ohms
- Hardware: All of the hardware has been replaced including the truss rod cover, tuners, nut, pick guard, bridge studs, bridge, switch tip, strap buttons, jack plate and both control cavity covers.
- Instrument Weight: 7 Lbs 11.6 oz
- Modifications/Repairs: -The guitar has been fully refinished (original serial number preserved). -The side marker dots have been replaced. -The 3rd, 5th, and 21st fret inlays have been replaced. -The guitar has been refretted and the nut has been replaced. -There are filled holes in the top of the body, under the refin, from a vibrato that has been removed. -There is a small rosewood graft added to the headstock end of the fingerboard, suggesting that a locking nut was installed at some point. -There is also a small rectangle of mahogany that has been grafted onto the top, also under the refin. -All of the hardware has been replaced. -The pickup leads have been replaced. -The capacitors have been replaced with reproduction bumblebees.
- Case Details: Hardshell case
- Cosmetic Condition: The refinish job is glossy with light scuffs and scratches throughout. The metal hardware is lightly tarnished. There are filled holes and a wood graft faintly visible on the top of the body under the refin.
Comments: The guitar plays well with low action. The frets are narrow and medium height with no noticeable play wear. -The serial number and pots date to 1955. -The guitar has a 1-9/16" nut width, suggesting it was a special order from Gibson.
Photos are of the actual guitar and are not stock photos.
Please call, chat, or email for more information.